Sunday, February 5, 2012

18 Months

Today marks 18 months on our adoption agency's wait list.  From estimates we've heard, it looks like we can anticipate another 4-6 months before we can expect our referral.  So, unfortunately you'll probably be reading these monthly updates for a while longer before we post the good news.  I think I'm going to start posting one of my favorite recipes each week so I can write about something positive again.  :)

Praying constantly for our children that aren't yet in our arms.  We pray every day that they are being covered in love, well fed, and cared for.  Praying for their birth parents (if they are living) who are going through one of the hardest decisions of their life.  Praying that they would feel comfort from the Lord and they would have a relationship with Him, if they don't already.   Praying for our peace too.  This waiting time is so hard.  Yes... I know that God has a divine plan that is much greater than our desired timing...but our hearts are still hurting every day that they're not with us.  I'm having a hard time letting go of my plans and my timing.  It's amazing how invested your heart can be after two years of waiting for children you have never even seen.  We so look forward to the day that we can look back and have a hard time remembering the painful waiting.  Kind of like labor pains.  Somehow we forget how bad it was, and keep having kids.  :)

It's been a joy to see other families around us growing their families through adoption & finally being united with their kids.  Uplifting.  So incredibly grateful that we have the community around us to live life with & encourage each other along the way.  I can't believe that there are over 60 families adopting from Ethiopia right in our area (probably more by now).  God is definitely up to something.  It's so fun that our kids will feel like they are in "little Ethiopia" right here in NWA. 

Okay, a yummy recipe coming your way in the next few days.  :)

4 comments:

Jean said...

We're right behind you on the FBI (S-DC family), so we'll be hitting our 18 month anniversary on 1/20. Looking forward to those recipes!!

Jean

Liz and Josh said...

Hi Jean! So nice to meet you. Email me any time if you want to connect! So great to know other families waiting alongside us.

Erica said...

Sweet friend-- this us hard. But I'm so glad that we are on this journey together! One day when we are sitting and watching our Ethiopian children playing together, we'll think back on this time and say, "it was worth it!" can't wait for that day! :) live you! Praying for you!

Liz and Josh said...

Thanks Erica! I'm so thankful for you too! I can't wait for that day to come. Makes me smile just thinking about it!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers