For the past few months, the same thing kept coming up in our thoughts and conversations.
Siblings.
So, for months we talked, prayed, talked, prayed. You get the picture. We were (and still are) excited, yet nervous about having four children under the age of 5. In fact, I think we should strongly consider buying stock in Pampers.
Originally, we planned to complete our single adoption, and then immediately start a second adoption, so our daughter would have a sibling from Ethiopia as well. However, with the current adoption slow down in Ethiopia, there’s no guarantee that we would be able to do that, or best case scenario, it could possibly take a really long time.
Even through the nerves, the strong wish to adopt siblings still remained. As we see it, there are so many positive things going for these two. You know, I love a list. J
· Two children will be MUCH loved and in a forever family.
· A big, fun family of 6!
· As siblings, they will be each other’s “constant” through all the hard times and changes that they will go through. From losing their birth family, then leaving the government orphanage to Gladney’s care center, and then traveling home with us to all new surroundings, they will not lose each other - that will be comforting & familiar. They will also understand each other’s feelings and emotions about being adopted and in a transracial family as they get older.
· They will be close in age & will enjoy playing together.
· They will be related, and will both share the same “story”.
All that to say - we’re so excited to announce that there will be TWO more sweet children added to our family! Praying we get the good news of a referral match sooner than later, but it will most likely be a long wait. Will keep you posted!


10 comments:
oh liz, I'm thrilled at your remarkable decision! I'll be praying for your sweet family as you make these changes and prepare your hearts and home for TWO!! Can't wait to see what God has in store for you. Becca
I'm praying for you. Wow - God will truly bless your growing family....This is exciting!!
Love ya, Deb Nixon
Congrats on your decision! We changed our preference a couple of months ago and we're very excited about it.
yay!!!! so exciting and SO THRILLED for you guys!! the more the merrier, i say. :) can't wait to meet your little ones!
Nonna & Bobo say, "Yippee!!! More babies to love, love, love. We love our amazing, loving, growing family, & we can't wait to hold these precious babies & smother them with sugar!"
Congrats Liz! Praying for your family!
Oh my goodness thrilled beyond measure!!!!! So excited for you guys. Great news!
So excited for you guys, Liz!! Sounds absolutely awesome! Continuing prayers for this amazing journey!
Found your blog today and I love that you guys are adopting. My husband and I are praying through an adoption right now and hope to submit paperwork soon *this fall* to Korea. I'm excited and nervous. I'm also the momma to two sweet boys too!!
Can't wait to follow your journey!
Oh, Liz!!!! So exciting. Can't wait to see their faces!
Jennifer
Post a Comment