Thursday, August 4, 2011

Eleven



It’s been a full summer – I completely skipped out on writing our usual monthly wait list update.  On July 5th, we reached 11 months on the wait list.  Other than that, there haven’t been really any updates with adoption news.  Tomorrow will be 12 months!!  We thought we would have been to Ethiopia twice and back home by now.  My "plans" make me laugh now.   

I’m starting to nest.  Maybe that’s a sign of things to come?  Maybe that’s wishful thinking.  :)  I’m having these sudden urges to purge out junk & organize the house.  For some reason, I can’t bring myself to pick out baby bedding or anything for the nursery yet.  Probably a good thing to not get my hopes up of our referral call coming anytime soon.  In the meantime, I'm loving the experience of seeing our friends we've made through the local adoption community receiving their referral calls & pictures.  Some of them are even traveling this week & in the fall to meet their little ones for the first time.  Gets me even more excited hearing about their experiences!

Hendrix asks about his sisters & prays for them & Ethiopia every day.  I know he will be such a great brother to them, as he already is with Hudson.  All that to say... This morning, I think it finally sunk in that there will be even less toys to go around with four kids.  After he thought about this, he said he was going to play a fun game with them, called the “shoe game.”  I asked him how he plays this game?  He said “oh it’s easy... when Hudson and the girls try to take my toys away, I’ll tell them to shoo” (as he motions his hand).  Ha!  He’s up for a big surprise & more daily lessons in sharing.  :)

Summer Pics -


Hudson turned two!!
Boys' first trip together to the beach
Hendrix caught & reeled in his first fish.  Love that sweaty little boy look!  :)


Today is our 10 year anniversary!   These years have been full of fun & I count each one as a blessing. This picture is so fun to look back on – we look like kids! 

  
August 4, 2001










No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers