My mind has been swirling lately with all the ups & downs of our adoption timeline. So, what do I do? I come up with random projects to do to distract myself. :)
We decided to do a garden again this year, but we're trying something different this time. Some of our friends did the trellis method using string last year, so we're going to be a copy cat & try it out. I'm growing a "diva cucumber" and three different varieties of tomatoes on the trellis. Kinda nervous to change things up, but hopefully it will work out. If not, oh well, it was a few bucks for the plants. If it works, we'll have lots of veggies! Maybe too many... On the opposite row, I planted herbs, two Japanese eggplants, mild jalapeno pepper, and mini bell pepper. Also, I'm trying to grow a yellow bell pepper plant in a pot on our porch as well as some mint. We'll see how that does - it gets really hot on our back porch.
Also, our sweet niece, Sadie, arrived this month. I made these pacifier clips for her. Love sewing - can't wait to learn to sew more fun things. Next week, I'm meeting with some of my girlfriends to make pillow case dresses to send to an organization who mails them to orphanages. Really neat concept - simple design that anyone can sew, uses items you already have around the house & benefits kids in need. Always great to have another excuse to get together with your girlfriends too!
Hello world!
6 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment