Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Family Favorite


I've been asked for this recipe every time I make it, so I thought I would type it up with a picture this time.  It's my Aunt Marilyn's yummylishous banana pudding that she has made for many years - definitely a family favorite.  Hope you enjoy!

 


Banana Pudding
  
2 small 3.4oz boxes French vanilla instant pudding
1 small 3.4oz box banana cream instant pudding
4 cups low fat milk
1 large container frozen Cool Whip (thawed and divided in half)
One 8oz container light sour cream
¼ - ½ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. almond extract
1 box vanilla wafers
6 large bananas
"Fruit Fresh" (optional - keeps bananas from turning brown)

1.    Mix puddings & milk until thickened.  Add vanilla & almond extracts.  Fold in ½ of the cool whip into the pudding mix.
2.    Cut bananas & lightly sprinkle with fruit fresh on both sides.  Let sit a few minutes then fold into the pudding.
3.    Line a bowl or trifle dish with vanilla wafers & then add pudding mixture.   In another bowl, mix the other half of the cool whip, sour cream & sugar until creamy and smooth.  Spread on top of the pudding.  Chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers